Did you know that most air-conditioning systems should be serviced once a year to keep them running well and efficiently? While obvious faults may be spotted on a routine service, anything beyond that requires a proper air-conditioning service.
Keeping cool in an Aussie summer or warm on a chilly morning are important to most motorists.
At Sandgate Autoelectrics and Air-Conditioning, we can service and repair all models of air-con to keep you and your family comfortable in the car.
Apart from the obvious cooling of the cabin, your air conditioning also serves to reduce humudity in the cabin and it is good practice to use your air conditioner in winter to keep your windscreen free of fog which impairs your visibility.
Some faults which we often see with car Air Conditioning systems are;
- Blocked air flow through the Condenser and Radiator
- Visible signs of oil stain at the compressor, hoses, pipes or fittings.
- Loose or faulty compressor mounting brackets and hoses
- Service port caps missing
- The drive belt tension being incorrect
How Does AC Work
This is a bit american but explains how AC works in a car.